Kalonji seed is known as different names around the world. In English, it is called Samal Fennel. It is called Ell or Karun Jeeragam in Malayalam and it is known as kalonji in Gujarati.
Kalonji Seed comes from an evergreen plant belonging to the Ranunculaceae family. It is one of the most valued medicinal seeds and also it acts a good flavouring agent in Indian dishes as well. It is a very important component of Curry Masala, Garam Masala and Pickles.
Kalonji can be used in different ways like kalonji oil, roasted seeds and raw seeds. It has a sharp and slightly bitter flavour and it is available in three colours; Yellowish, White and Black.
Kalonji Seeds and Kalonji Oil have been widely used in traditional medical systems like Unani, Ayurveda and Tibb-e-Nabwi.
1. Famous Muslim Scholar Al Bukhari had glorified kalonji as Habbat Al Barakahthat means these black seed as a cure for all conditions except death.
2. Kalonji is known to be very helpful in reducing cholesterol level in blood and it also helps in reducing high blood pressure, curing heart problems and even skin and allergies problems.
3. Kalonji seeds help to reduce body weight waist and hip circumferences by functioning as an antioxidant agent.
4. Kalonji has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, its oil can be used against many skin problem like acne, blemishes and scars.
5. Kalonji seeds are very effective against cough and cold when taken in the form of a decoction with warm water and honey. Taking this decoction twice a day is help in killing the bacteria responsible for cough and cold.
6. Kalonji seeds possess analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which allows it to function as a natural painkiller. It helps to relieve pain, swelling and headaches. It can relieve pain quickly without having any side effects.
7. The antioxidant properties of kalonji help to reduce injury to the liver and also prevents infections. It has been reported to be resistant to harmful bacteria and viruses that attack the body.
8. Kalonji helps in lowering blood cholesterol levels and thus helps to reduce the risk of sudden heart attack.
9. Due to its antioxidant properties, they are useful in warding off cancerous growth by functioning against tumour initiation and growth.
10. Kalonji is a rich source of flavonoids. It is said to be helpful in boosting one’s memorizing ability, especially helpful for elderly people as memory power tends to weaken with age.
11. Kalonji seed oil can be applied on the forehead and can also be used to cure joint pains caused by arthritis.
12. Kalonji also protects the liver from common microbial infections. Consuming kalonji with a spoon of honey helps strengthen vital organs and the bones.
13. Kalonji seeds help to improving overall health by regulating the functioning of the heart, liver, asthma, lungs and all kinds of allergies.
14. Honey and kalonji form a very good combination in treating several diseases like; gastric, constipation, absent-mindedness and lung problems. It can also be mixed with goat’s milk to improve heart functioning.
Kalonji has many health benefits and it is safe for most people when taken in small quantities, it doesn’t pose any side effects. But when taken in large amounts, it can lead to low blood pressure and blood sugar levels, which pose a risk to lives.
Some studies shows that when eaten it regularly or consumed in excess, it may affect the health of the foetus. So, pregnant women are suggested to avoid kalonji during pregnancy.
Subah Khali Pait Kalonji Khane Ke Fayde-Kalonji Khane Ka Tarika-kalonji khane ka tarika in urdu-kalonji khane ka islamic tarika-kalonji ke fayde in urdu-kalonji ke fayde aur nuksan-kalonji ke nuksan in urdu-kalonji ki taseer thandi ya garam-kalonji in English-how to eat kalonji seeds-Kalonji Side Effects